When every dollar counts, count us in
If you’re committed to making college a reality, our scholarships can help
Since 1990, we’ve awarded 540 scholarships for a total of $803,500.00. Because we support education at every age and stage.
20 scholarships of $2,000 each
- 12 awards for graduating high school seniors planning to attend any two- or four-year accredited institution of higher learning
- 8 awards for undergraduate or graduate students currently attending an accredited institution of higher learning
Who is eligible?
If you meet all three of these requirements, the answer is you!
- Must be a primary HawaiiUSA member for at least 12 consecutive months prior to applying
If you are not yet a HawaiiUSA member become one today so you can apply for the scholarship in future years
Become a HawaiiUSA member
- HawaiiUSA account(s) are in good standing (show a history of responsible money management)
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the upcoming academic school year
- Prior recipients of the HawaiiUSA Scholarship may reapply and will be evaluated with current applicants
How to apply
The 2022-23 scholarship application period has ended.
Applications for the 2023-24 school year will be accepted from December 2022 through February 2023 (deadline to be announced).
Want to be notified when the application is available? Click here
- Scholarship recipients will be selected based on Academic Standing, Leadership, Honors and Awards, School and Community Service, Merit, Recommendations, Financial Need, and Credit Union Membership.
- Completed application, certified transcripts, and two signed and dated letters of recommendations must be postmarked no later than the deadline and mailed to HawaiiUSA FCU Attn: Scholarship Committee 1226 College Walk Honolulu, HI 96817-3995.
- The Scholarship Committee will review and evaluate each application before final selections are made. Scholarship Committee selections will be final. Recipients of the 2022-23 scholarship will be notified no later than April 11, 2022.