Low rates and flexible mortgage options make you feel at home with HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union.
Take the guesswork out of your search for a great mortgage. Our mortgage team is right here in Hawaii and will take time to learn about your unique needs and answer all your questions. We look forward to finding a home loan that's right for you.
Fixed-rate financing for your home purchase while staying within budget.
Whether rates have dropped or your credit score has risen, a refi can help you save money on your mortgage payments.
First-Time Homebuyer Mortgage Program
Featuring lower down payments and flexible qualifying guidelines, this special option can help you buy your first home.
Hawaii Teachers Mortgage Program
Your Hawaii State Teachers Association membership can help you purchase a home with many special benefits and pricing.
Mortgage Loan Officers
Our team of friendly professionals are experts at helping you find the mortgage that fits your budget and lifestyle.
Frequently asked questions
First-time buyers in Hawaii have several mortgage options. Here are a few to consider:
- Conventional Loan: A conventional loan can be a good option if you have a strong credit history and can afford a higher down payment. It offers various terms and may have more flexible guidelines for condos or higher-priced properties.
- First-Time Homebuyer Programs: HawaiiUSA has a specific program for first-time buyers, offering low down payment, favorable rates, reduced closing costs, and other benefits. Certain eligibility requirements apply.
How do I take advantage of the First Time HomeBuyer rate discounts from education?
- Present a certificate of completion for an approved homeownership education training course.
- Set up direct deposit with HawaiiUSA
- Set up automatic mortgage payments with HawaiiUSA
When you apply for a mortgage loan, a Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) reduces the amount of federal income tax that you need to pay, giving you more available income to qualify and potentially reduce your monthly loan payments.