Keep Your Credit Card Safe and Secure
Credit card scams are more prevalent in our state and HawaiiUSA FCU is taking steps to educate our members to minimize their risks of being a victim. Since fraudulent telemarketing schemes, stolen credit cards and unauthorized charges have become all too common, we’ve put together these useful tips which may help avoid possible problems.
- If your HawaiiUSA FCU credit card is lost or stolen, report it immediately by calling (800) 449.7728.
- The Card Verification Value or CVV, is the three digit number located on the signature strip on the back of your credit card. VISA-USA and HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union already has this information will never ask you for it.
- Make a list of your credit card numbers and keep it in a safe place.
- Never lend your card to anyone and never carry more cards than you need.
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) private and never share it with anyone.
- Memorize you PIN, or write it down and keep it in a safe place, but never keep it with your card. When you choose your PIN, remember that a thief will usually first try your birth date or the number in your address to gain access to your account. So, it is often smart to choose another set of numbers.
- Watch clerks carefully as they fill out your credit card slips and always remember to destroy any carbons and take your receipt.
- Open your credit card bill immediately to verify the charges.
- If you have been charged for purchases you have not yet received, or have unauthorized goods or services charges to your credit card account, contact Credit Card Services at (800) 654.7728. There are instructions on your monthly statement explaining what information is required.
- Never send your monthly payments in cash through the mail.
- Never give your account number to unknown “survey” callers.
- Be sure to print a copy of your online purchase order and confirmation for your records.
HawaiiUSA FCU provides electronic and telephone access to monitor your credit card account. Members are able to view their account via web site and DirectLink, our free Internet Banking service or by calling our 24-hour Cardholder Service at (800) 654.7728.