Online Banking Security Education
Important Facts About Your Account Authentication & Online Banking
As cybercrimes increase, it is important that Online Banking users know how to protect their account from malicious attacks. To improve the security of your Online Banking experience and reduce the risk of using the internet, here are five essential measures that you can perform:
- Prevent unwanted access to your account by refraining from storing sensitive data (e.g. passwords, PINs, card numbers) on your hard drive or mobile device.
- Keep your personal firewall set to the highest level of security possible.
- Ensure that your anti-virus software is operational and current.
- Before you type in your User ID or Password, verify that you are on our secured web page and have an encrypted connection by checking that the internet address (URL) is indeed HawaiiUSA’s and starts with “https://”.
- Know that you are dealing with us by making sure the name of the internet site indicated on the certificate verification matches the name of the site on your screen.
If you identify any unauthorized activity or inaccurate information on your account, immediately call us at (808) 534.4300 on Oahu or (800) 379.1300 toll-free, or email us.
Download a full version of the Important Facts about your Account Authentication & Online Banking.