Prevent Debit Card Fraud with eAlerts
This video is embedded from YouTube and may not be available on all browsers
Debit card fraud is increasing as more and more people use them. In 2010, debit card fraud represented 36% of all card fraud, an increase from 27% in 2009.1 That’s an alarming statistic! Fortunately, HawaiiUSA is taking steps to prevent thieves from accessing your account. One solution is our eAlerts service.
eAlerts is a free service that can help you monitor unauthorized purchases on your HawaiiUSA debit card. While the solution offers a variety of alerts to choose from, there are two types of alerts that may be valuable to you in our fight against debit card fraud:
- Debit Card Purchase Alert generates every time a debit card point-of-sale (POS) PIN or signature-based transaction authorization has occurred on your selected account.
- Account Balance Change Alert generates every time your selected account (a share or line of credit) reaches a balance that is over/below the specified amount for the first time.
These alerts are sent on any device capable of receiving email. Now, here’s how you can get started:
Easy Steps to Enroll in eAlerts:
- Enroll or login to Online Banking
- Click the eAlerts tab
- Acknowledge the eAlert agreement
- Click Proceed and you are in!
1. Javelin Strategy & Research