A Share Secured Credit Card is a stepping stone for those who may not qualify for a traditional (unsecured) credit card.
How it works
- Provide a deposit amount equal to your credit line: For example, if you have $500 in your share account, you will have a $500 credit line available.
- The deposit (in our example, $500) will be held in your account as collateral for as long as you have the share secured credit card. Held funds will continue to earn dividends.
- Use your card responsibly: keep your balances below 50% of your credit limit and make payments on time. Since the activity on this card—like any other credit card—will be reported on your credit history, good behavior counts!
- Over time, by using the card responsibly, you may become eligible to convert to a traditional (unsecured) credit card.
To learn more about credit scores and how they're calculated, visit our Financial Health Tips.
- Low APR*
- No annual fee
- No prepayment penalty
- No balance transfer or cash advance fees
- No minimum finance charge
*APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Upon approval, your APR will be set forth in the notice informing you of your approval. Should you choose not to accept the APR that applies to your Account, you may cancel your application prior to using the Account. Must meet HawaiiUSA FCU membership and lending guidelines.
Access our Secured Credit Card Disclosure and the VISA® Guide to Benefits for additional information.