No contact means it’s safer for you and safer for others
If you haven’t yet tried “Tap to Pay,” you’re in for a treat. Not only is it quick, convenient, and physically safer since it doesn’t require contact between your card and store surfaces; it’s actually pretty fun!
What is it?
- Cards and smart devices with near-field communication (NFC) technology make it possible to make contactless payments at stores that have “Tap to Pay” terminals
- The sideways Wi-Fi symbol means your card is contactless, so you don't need to swipe or insert it to pay at participating stores that have these terminals. Many national stores already have it; expect to see more stores adding this option very soon!
- Both the Life Matters Cash Back VISA® Credit Card and the Life Matters Platinum VISA® Credit Card are contactless
- Don't have your card? You can still utilize contactless payments with Mobile Wallet! Just add your card(s) and you're just a tap away from your purchase.
Is it safe?
- Yes. Your payments are just as secure as EMV chip card transactions, and it is physically safer for both you and others since no one else will touch your card. It’s a win-win!
- How is “tap” contactless, you ask? Good question. You actually don’t even need to tap; just hover your card or Mobile Wallet-enabled smart device over the pay terminal, listen or look for confirmation, and you're good to go
How to use it
- At the checkout counter, see if the store’s payment terminal has the contactless symbol or “Tap” option
- When prompted, hover your Life Matters VISA® Credit Card (or Mobile Wallet) above the contactless symbol
- Listen or look for confirmation that the payment was approved. You may hear a “beep” or see “Approved” on the screen
You may also be interested in