Small businesses are instrumental to our economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. They create jobs, provide support for non-profit initiatives, and instill an enduring spirit of community values. By helping small businesses to rebuild, credit unions are collectively exemplifying our philosophy of “people helping people,” and showing that we are committed to community recovery.
Starting Monday, August 24 at 9 AM, several credit unions, including HawaiiUSA, are partnering with the County of Kauai to provide one-time grants up to $7,500 to qualified small businesses on Kauai affected by COVID-19. Grant funds can be used at the discretion of the small businesses to cover business costs such as rent, utilities, payroll, and modification costs as the State re-opens (i.e. – enhancing a shop or restaurant’s social distancing capabilities, adding physical barriers like plexi glass, or relocating equipment).
Please note that Credit union membership is not an eligibility requirement.
Kauai Small Business Boost Grant program summary and qualifications
- Applications are now closed
- Eligible small businesses may receive a one-time grant for up to $7,500
- Must operate on Kauai for at least one year and have a commercial address—businesses cannot operate out of a house; P.O. Boxes do not satisfy this requirement
- No more than 20 employees
- Applications must be done online; walk-ins or over the phone applications will not be accepted
Applications for the Kauai Small Business Boost Grants, as well program guidelines and details, are available on the County of Kauai’s website: KauaiForward.com.
APPLY AT KAUAIFORWARD.COM
Additional information will be updated as it becomes available. For immediate assistance with your application, or if you are unable to find the information you’re looking for at the link above, please fill out this form.