HawaiiUSA Foundation donates $54,000
Blog Date 11/12/2021 5:36:06 PM
HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union Foundation Kicks Off Holiday Giving Season with $54,000 to Local Community Organizations
HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union (HawaiiUSA FCU) launched their seasonal giving through donations to select local nonprofits. In October, the credit union’s Foundation arm distributed a total of $54,000 of unsolicited donations to 18 organizations who were each surprised with a $3,000 check. The selected nonprofits, through their own missions, meet the Foundation’s criteria by directly impacting and supporting Hawaii’s children or focusing on improving the lives of the less fortunate.
The 18 Hawaii nonprofits are:
- Bishop Museum
- Goodwill Industries of Hawaii Inc.
- Hale Kipa Inc.
- Hawaii Agricultural Foundation
- Hawaii Children’s Action Network
- Hawaii Korean - US Citizens League
- Hospice Hawaii, Inc. dba Navian Hawaii
- Imi Pono Challenge: A Youth Program
- Keep the Hawaiian Islands Beautiful
- Kekahu Foundation, Inc. dba KKCR, Kauai Community Radio
- Kukui Children’s Foundation
- Maui Family Support Services, Inc.
- Rehabilitation Hospital of the Pacific
- Shriners Hospital for Children
- Special Olympics Hawaii Inc.
- The Mediation Center of the Pacific
- The Pueo Library
- Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii
The HawaiiUSA FCU Foundation is a private foundation which was established in June 2007 as a way for the credit union to support local charities with preference given to those working diligently to improve lives of children and those who are less fortunate, while strengthening Hawaii’s communities. Grants from the Foundation go directly to public, 501(c)(3) charities in Hawaii. In 2020, the HawaiiUSA FCU Foundation donated $196,212 to nearly 70 Hawaii organizations. This year so far, the Foundation has donated nearly $272,300 to 64 Hawaii organizations. Giving back to the community is part of HawaiiUSA FCU’s “Life Matters” commitment.