With a Traditional IRA credit union certificate, you receive tax benefits today as you plan for your future. There are additional differences between the Traditional and Roth IRAs that your tax advisor or CUSO Financial Services Financial Advisors at HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union** can explain.
- $100 minimum opening deposit
- Contribute potential tax-deductible deposits up to age 70 ½
- Maximum annual contribution is $6,000 ($7,000 for age 50 and up)
- Earnings grow tax-deferred until withdrawn
- Penalty-free withdrawals can start at age 59 ½
- These qualified exceptions* allow withdrawals before age 59 ½:
- First-time home purchase
- Higher-education expenses
- Medical expenses
- Military reservist status
- Death/Beneficiary of a deceased IRA owner
* Taxes are still paid on the money you withdraw.
**Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. The Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members. CFS representatives do not provide tax or legal guidance. For such guidance please consult with a qualified professional. Information shown is for general illustration purposes and does not predict or depict the performance of any investment or strategy. Past performance does not guarantee future results.
Registered Representatives are registered to conduct securities business and licensed to conduct insurance business in limited states. Response to, or contact with, residents of other states will be made only upon compliance with applicable licensing and registration requirements. The information in this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase brokerage services to persons outside of the United States.