You’ve made the wise choice by choosing eLife, the checking account with (your) interest in mind.
Ensure you qualify for 1.50% APY* on your checking account balance, ATM fee reimbursements, and more! Here’s how:
1. Enroll in eStatements
eStatements are a feature of Digital Banking, so your first step is to enroll in Digital Banking. You’ll be able to manage your account online or on your mobile device anytime, anywhere!
Enroll in Digital Banking
Or get the HawaiiUSA FCU Mobile Banking App
Watch the New User Registration video
Enroll in eStatements
Enroll in eStatements to access your monthly statements online, 24-7
2. Set up at least ONE of these: Direct Deposit, ACH, or Bill Pay
Get your paycheck or other recurring income electronically deposited to your eLife checking account. No checks needed!
Set up Direct Deposit
ACH (Automated Clearing House)
Electronic withdrawals (debit) or deposits (credit) directly to your eLife checking account. These can be one-time or recurring, but we recommend recurring to ensure you qualify for eLife rewards each month. Example: pay your electric bill automatically from your eLife checking account
Set up ACH
Easily pay people or bills using this feature in HawaiiUSA Digital Banking. These can be one-time or recurring, but we recommend recurring to ensure you qualify for eLife rewards each month
Set up Bill Pay
3. Make 10 debit card purchases each month
Activate your card and set up a PIN
Call 1 (866) 985-2273 from your primary phone
Make 10 debit card purchases within the qualification cycle**
- Includes point-of-sale (POS) purchases in stores or online
- Includes Peer to Peer payments, if they are made through your eLife Debit Card
eLife Checking Qualification Cycle 2021
Answers to common questions
Why didn't I receive the premium rate on my eLife balance?
Why weren't my ATM fees reimbursed?
* APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Premium Rates of 1.50% APY paid on average daily balances of $10,000 and below and 0.10% APY paid on average daily balances over $10,000 each monthly cycle when monthly qualifications have been met. If monthly qualifications are not met, a base rate of 0.01% APY will be paid on the average daily balance. Rates current as of 04/01/2020 and may change anytime after the account has been opened. Minimum $20 is required to open this account. No minimum balance is required. Subject to other HawaiiUSA FCU account terms and conditions. Other fees may apply which could reduce your earnings. A minimum $5 is required to open a HawaiiUSA FCU Share savings account (if applicable). Member must be eligible for and obtain a HawaiiUSA FCU Debit Card.
1 Comparison based on HawaiiUSA eLife 1.50% APY as of 02/19/2021 vs. the credit union national average Savings rate (0.13%)/Interest Checking rate (0.38%) as of 02/19/2021 sourced from National Association of Federal Credit Unions in cooperation with SNL Financial and Datatrac Corp.
2 Each month’s qualification cycle ends on the second to the last day of each month. The eLife Checking: Qualifications document—which contains the various qualification cycles and other important information—is available to download or can be obtained at any HawaiiUSA FCU branch. Your Debit Card transactions and direct deposit/ACH transactions must be posted or cleared on the account to be counted within each qualification cycle. It may take up to three business days before the transaction posts or clears the account.