A checking account with (your) interest in mind. Get rewarded for living your life.
Make your everyday banking extraordinary.
If you’re like most people, your checking account does the heavy lifting when it comes to everyday banking tasks. It’s the account you use to pay bills and conduct most of your transactions. If you tend to keep a higher balance, a HawaiiUSA eLife Checking Account can help you to grow your money with a healthy interest rate while benefiting from a wide range of free services.
Get more for your time and money
- Earn 11.5x the national average interest rate1 – 1.50% APY for balances up to $10,000
- No set-up fee, monthly account service fee or minimum balance requirement (after account opening)
- Out-of-network ATM fee rebates up to $20/month2 with access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs within the CO-OP Network
- Digital Banking helps you to manage your money anytime, anywhere
- Free Mastercard® Debit Card
- Mobile Wallet enabled for contactless payments
- Free box of checks every rolling 12 months2
- Peace of mind with ID Theft Restoration included with your account
Additional add-on features
- Courtesy Pay—With Courtesy Pay, HawaiiUSA will cover checks, electronic payments, and transfers that won’t clear due to insufficient funds. Fees may apply.
- Overdraft Protection—Life happens. Opt-in to our Overdraft Protection and we’ll automatically transfer money from your HawaiiUSA Savings Account so you can avoid an overdraft fee.
Open an Account
How to earn interest on your eLife Checking
Meet three simple requirements each month2 to qualify and you’ll earn 11.5x the interest most credit unions pay on a standard Savings Account, or 3.9x the interest compared to their Interest Checking.
- Make 10 or more debit card purchases
- Enroll and receive eStatements
- Receive one direct deposit, ACH transaction, or HawaiiUSA Online Bill Pay payment
See eLife checking in action
You may also be interested in
* APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Premium Rates of 1.50% APY paid on average daily balances of $10,000 and below and 0.10% APY paid on average daily balances over $10,000 each monthly cycle when monthly qualifications have been met. If monthly qualifications are not met, a base rate of 0.01% APY will be paid on the average daily balance. Rates current as of 04/01/2020 and may change anytime after the account has been opened. Minimum $20 is required to open this account. No minimum balance is required. Subject to other HawaiiUSA FCU account terms and conditions. Other fees may apply which could reduce your earnings. A minimum $5 is required to open a HawaiiUSA FCU Share savings account (if applicable). Member must be eligible for and obtain a HawaiiUSA FCU Debit Card.
1 Comparison based on HawaiiUSA eLife 1.50% APY as of 02/19/2021 vs. the credit union national average Savings rate (0.13%)/Interest Checking rate (0.38%) as of 02/19/2021 sourced from National Association of Federal Credit Unions in cooperation with SNL Financial and Datatrac Corp.
2 Each month’s qualification cycle ends on the second to the last day of each month. The eLife Checking: Qualifications document—which contains the various qualification cycles and other important information—is available to download or can be obtained at any HawaiiUSA FCU branch. Your Debit Card transactions and direct deposit/ACH transactions must be posted or cleared on the account to be counted within each qualification cycle. It may take up to three business days before the transaction posts or clears the account.