Credit Unions are owned by members and governed by member volunteers. As such, the HawaiiUSA Board of Directors is seeking dedicated and responsible members for selection to fill available volunteer positions on the following committees:
- Annual Dinner/Celebration – Plans and implements the Annual Membership Meeting and Celebration
- Golf Tournament – Plans and coordinates the annual golf tournament for credit union members and guests with proceeds benefiting Hawaii’s schools and/or educators.
- Governance – Provides, monitors, and evaluates the Boards’ performance for the purpose of ensuring a highly effective governing body.
- Loan Policy & Review – Provides general supervision of the performance of HawaiiUSA FCU in the loans it makes.
- Nominations, Elections, and Volunteer Programs – Identifies, recruits, and provides orientation to potential Board and Volunteer Board Committee Members with a range and variety of strengths and interests, including establishing and overseeing the rules and procedures regarding nominees, ballots, and election.
- Scholarship – Implements the annual HawaiiUSA FCU Scholarship Program, including procedures for the application and selection of recipients.
- Workforce (Personnel) – Monitors and provides input on areas that impact compensation, benefits, employee morale and welfare, and retirement programs and helps to promote and exemplify the credit union’s core values and diversity in the workplace.
Volunteer committee positions assume fiduciary responsibility, do not receive compensation, and may require many hours of time commitment.
Deadline for completing application is Tuesday, February 27, 2018. Please mail application to:
Attn: Board of Directors
1226 College Walk
Honolulu, HI 96817